Join us Saturday, November 16th, for the Stam Chocolate Charity Run in Des Moines’ East Village! Proceeds will benefit the John Stoddard Cancer Care Coordinator Program.
Why John Stoddard?
A very close friend of the Stam family was treated for cancer at John Stoddard Cancer Center. Because of their efforts, her treatment and final days were much easier for her and her family.
Wanting to ensure that this important program continues to benefit those diagnosed with cancer, the Stams decided to hold an event during which families and friends can spend some healthy, fun time together while raising funds to support the John Stoddard Cancer Care Coordinator Program.
This 5K run and walk course is beautiful and even and the weather should be perfect! Starting at the Iowa State Historical Building on East 6th and Locust, the run will follow E 6th to ML King Parkway to SW 8th and back.
Instead of age and category prizes, we’ll give a $10 gift card to all participants to be used at any of the participating sponsors.
Everyone will receive Stam Chocolate at the run! Following the run, the State Historical Society of Iowa will offer free tours so you can enjoy some extended family time! (Lunch is available at Baratta’s on the top floor)
Friends • Family • Fun • Exercise • Chocolate
- ALL adult registrants will receive a goodie bag when they pick up their registration packet! Runners will also be given a fabulous Stam Tervis cup filled with chocolates.
- ALL kids will receive a special chocolate treat after their run!
- ALL participants will receive hot chocolate at the finish!
- REGISTER NOW to take advantage of our early registration!
- Be sure to invite your friends or family to join you for a great cause!
Click here to sign up now!